[squid-users] block every thing and allow skype only

From: Muhammad Sharfuddin <m.sharfuddin_at_nds.com.pk>
Date: Tue, 18 Aug 2009 11:17:16 +0600

Squid Cache: Version 2.7.STABLE5

'allowed_websites.txt' is a text file, contains some websites that every
one can access.
'ipes.txt' is a text file, contains my LAN IPes.
'skype_servers_ip.txt' is a text file, contains almost 65 IPes of skype
servers. I found the skype IPes from squid log, and as per squid log,
skype connect to these server via 'CONNECT skype_server_ip:443'

I just want to allow 'allowed_websites' and skype to my lan

acl allowed_websites url_regex -i "/etc/squid/allowed_websites.txt"
http_access allow allowed_websites

acl skype_servers_ip dst "/etc/squid/skype_servers_ip.txt"
http_access allow skype_servers_ip

acl mynet src "/etc/squid/ipes.txt"
http_access deny mynet

skype is not working on client side.. and the reason is clear, as per
squid logs, every time skype connects to a different/another
server(which is obviously not listed in 'skype_servers_ip.txt'), and
then I have to add those servers into 'skype_servers_ip.txt', so its a
never-ending excercise.

In short, skype connects to its servers via IPes, and not via
domains(e.g MSN-Messenger connects to .live.messenger.com
or .live.hotmail.com', so by allowing these domains, MSN-Messenger can
work)

please advise/suggest, how can I acheive my target.

Regards
--ms