[squid-users] Example of squid accelerator

From: Riccardo Castellani <r.castellani_at_usl6.toscana.it>
Date: Tue, 18 Aug 2009 17:02:06 +0200

If I have squid on server A and Web server B, I wish using squid Accelerator
on A to forward all requests to B. The requests are incoming from Internet
to Squid port 80 where Squid Accelerator should have to forward them to
machine B on port 8080.
Squid A works also as proxy server for my internal clients of my company
which want to go to Internet.

server A: Squid , IP=1.2.3.4, on public network, http port=80
server B: Web server, IP=A.B.C.D, on internal network, httpd port=8080

What do you think about these directives ?

http_port 1.2.3.4:80 accel
cache_peer A.B.C.D. parent 8080 0 no-query originserver name=PSAccel

acl MySite dst 1.2.3.4
http_access allow MySite
cache_peer_access PSAccel allow MySite
cache_peer_access PSAccel deny all

notes:

defaultsite is not used because I want user has to specify the whole url.

URL which people can access from internet is
http://1.2.3.4/LicroPS.sav.1/mkLicro.do?codCenter=22101