Re: Fwd: [squid-users] Need help in integrating squid and samba

From: Amos Jeffries <squid3_at_treenet.co.nz>
Date: Wed, 19 Aug 2009 19:11:12 +1200

Avinash Rao wrote:
> Understood and it worked.. You have been of great help.
> Here's what i want to achieve from this..
>
> I have about 40 samba users logging into the samba domain using winxp.
> The squid and samba runs on the same server. This setup is for an NGO
> - Educational Institute
> and the students really misuse the internet. So, i want to give them
> access only when required and without authentication. Say for example,
> every wednesday from 10:00-12:00PM and everyday 6:00-8:00PM. So, when
> users from WINXP login to the domain, the internet should work only
> the timings mentioned above but without authentication..
>
> I am trying out different options. .. i hope i figure this out.
>
> Thanks
> Avinash

The example in the FAQ is almost exactly what you are looking for...
http://wiki.squid-cache.org/SquidFaq/SquidAcl#head-ef469ed90b785ebb496c66523bb69030e0b7c906

Just place the the http_access lines that are supposed to allow without
authentication above any lines which use an authentication ACL.

Amos

--
Please be using
   Current Beta Squid 3.1.0.13