Re: [squid-users] announce_period ?

From: Amos Jeffries <squid3_at_treenet.co.nz>
Date: Wed, 19 Aug 2009 23:20:00 +1200

Zeller, Jan wrote:
> Dear list,
>
> i am actually using STABLE18 and was stumbling across this :
>
> http://www.squid-cache.org/Versions/v3/3.0/cfgman/announce_period.html
> Default Value: announce_period 0
>
> This is how frequently to send cache announcements. The
> default is `0' which disables sending the announcement
> messages.
>
> now i checked this setting with :
> $ ./squidclient -h <mybox> -p <myport> mgr:config|grep announce
> announce_period 31536000 seconds
> announce_host tracker.ircache.net
> announce_port 3131
>
> but I never have configured this parameter so I assumed that it would take the default value.
> I would like to have it off. I also explicitly set "announce_period 0" but in vain.
> Any hint ?

Not to worry. announce is not enabled.
The config parser just sets it to yearly for some reason unknown after
turning the feature off.

Thanks for bringing it to attention, it will probably disappear during
the config cleanups in the upcoming version.

Amos

--
Please be using
   Current Beta Squid 3.1.0.13