[squid-users] Using Squid to redirect internal clients to external SSL site

From: Tom Webster <TWebster_at_luxotticaRetail.com>
Date: Wed, 19 Aug 2009 22:33:03 -0400

Hello,

I have a set of very old systems that cannot be upgraded. The systems are using a browser that does not support SSL3 but they need to access an internet website that requires SSL3. Our network is setup so all http traffic must go through the Squid server to get to the internet.

Is it possible to use Squid to perform an SSL3 "offload" where it handles all the encrypted traffic while passing the website data to the old clients using http on port 80?

Since the site is an external internet site, I do not have access to the private key/cert.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Tom