[squid-users] R: [squid-users] Re: R: [squid-users] Example of squid accelerator

From: Riccardo Castellani <r.castellani_at_usl6.toscana.it>
Date: Fri, 21 Aug 2009 15:05:46 +0200

> So users access http://1.2.3.4/ by IP? Not by some more friendly
>hostname?

Yes, users access by IP address.
But I understand best soluction is use dstdomain.

>Yes. Or defaultside=1.2.3.4, or both

vhost makes that Squid use what is in the host header when building the
requested URL while defaultsite specifies explicitly what site 'name:port'
to use; also used as fallback if there is no Host header.
But who has priority in request building ? information in host header or in
default-site ?

> defaultsite is not used because...
>
> URL is
> http://1.2.3.4/LicroPS.sav.1/mkLicro.do?codCenter=22101
>
>The browser will send that as
>
>GET /LicroPS.sav.1/mkLicro.do?codCenter=22101 HTTP/1.1
>Host: 1.2.3.4
>[more headers]

If specify: http_port 1.2.3.4:80 accel vhost defaultside=1.2.3.4
browser will send this one ?

GET 1.2.3.4/LicroPS.sav.1/mkLicro.do?codCenter=22101 HTTP/1.1
Host: 1.2.3.4