Re: [squid-users] Re: Squid Error Assistance Needed.

From: Chris Robertson <crobertson_at_gci.net>
Date: Fri, 21 Aug 2009 11:54:32 -0800

Jakob Curdes wrote:

>> I hate to say it, but i am more confused!! All i did was add a new
>> acl then tried to restart squid. It was then I got this error, I
>> removed it and then re-saved so am unsure as to what else has
>> changed. Are there any more pointers you can give me as to what I
>> need to add to the .conf file?
> just replace "to_localhost" (which you probably changed inadvertently)
> to "localhost". Then squid will be able to parse the config file.
>
> JC

Ack! This is not correct....

> acl to_localhost dst 127.0.0.0/8

This acl is there to define requests that are DESTINED FOR localhost*.
What you need to do is add another acl...

acl localhost src 127.0.0.0/8

...which matches requests SOURCED FROM localhost.

The way it is now...

http_access allow manager localhost

...allows ANYONE to access the manager interface of the local Squid.
This is (very likely) not what you want.

Chris

* It is usually used in conjunction with "http_access deny to_localhost"
to prevent requests through Squid to services on the local machine which
(naively?) assume that localhost is not network accessible.