[squid-users] Re: R: [squid-users] Example of squid accelerator

From: Henrik Nordstrom <henrik_at_henriknordstrom.net>
Date: Sat, 22 Aug 2009 00:25:19 +0200

fre 2009-08-21 klockan 16:33 +0200 skrev Riccardo Castellani:
> >The browser will send that as
> >
> >GET /LicroPS.sav.1/mkLicro.do?codCenter=22101 HTTP/1.1
> >Host: 1.2.3.4
> >[more headers]
>

> It means that, If I had defaultsite=... and 'Host Header' value in client
> request was missed, Squid would build URL request by defaultside which I
> defined into http_port directive ?!

Squid will not look for a Host header unless vhost is specified. If
vhost is not specified then any Host header present in the request is
ignored.

If both vhost and defaultsite is specified then squid will first look
for a Host header. If none is found then it uses the value of
defaultsite.

If neither is specified then Squid won't look for anything, and every
request fails.

If only vhost is specified then requests without a Host header fails.