Re: [squid-users] cache_peer_domain with file list

From: Waitman Gobble <waitman_at_waitman.net>
Date: Sun, 23 Aug 2009 21:00:01 -0700

Amos Jeffries wrote:
>> running (squid/3.0.STABLE18)
>>
>> The following squid.conf directive does not seem to work.
>>
>> cache_peer_domain server_www "/usr/local/squid/etc/domains"
>>
> To do what you are trying:
> acl our_domains dstdomain "/path/to.file"
> cache_peer_access server_www allow our_domains
>

> Amos

Thanks Amos, that works perfectly.

It seems to work in the order of the file -
as a simple example, with backend servers, s1, s2 and 4 domains ex1 ex2
ex3 ex4,
if i want ex1 and ex2 on s1 and ex3 and ex4 on s2
but there are "backups" of ex1 and ex2 on s2 and vice-versa -

acl s1_primary dstdomain "/s1primary"
cache_peer_access server_s1 allow s1_primary
acl s2_primary dstdomain "/s2primary"
cache_peer_access server_s1 allow s2_primary
acl s1_secondary dstdomain "/s2primary"
cache_peer_access server_s1 allow s1_secondary
acl s2_secondary dstdomain "/s1primary"
cache_peer_access server_s1 allow s2_secondary

if s1 catches fire requests for all 4 domains would go to s2
and if s2 was bricked by a felon the requests for all 4 would go to s1

essentially both s1 and s2 could all 4 domains if something bad happens but not very happily, everything runs better when they're split up on different machines.

Thanks again,

Waitman