[squid-users] refresh_pattern

From: <mickymax_at_gmx.de>
Date: Tue, 25 Aug 2009 21:11:53 +0200

Hi,

I am trying to fully understand the refresh algorithm Squid is using:

FRESH if expires < now, else STALE
STALE if age > max
FRESH if lm-factor < percent, else STALE
FRESH if age < min
else STALE

I disabled the last-modified header on my apache server for an objekt test.html for testing purposes.
My refresh_pattern looks like this:
refresh_pattern test3 10 10% 300

If I request something like
echo -e "GET http://example.com/test.html HTTP/1.0\n\n" | netcat example.com 80