Re: [squid-users] Systematic caching

From: Evguen <evguen_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 27 Aug 2009 03:02:27 -0700 (PDT)

Henrik Nordstrom-5 wrote:

> See refresh_pattern. Allows override of most things.

Absolutely right, thanks!

I've done this by commenting following lines :
#acl QUERY urlpath_regex cgi-bin \?
#no_cache deny QUERY

This way, URL with GET parameters does not have rule to not to cache these
pages.

And by updating the line starting with " refresh_pattern . " :
refresh_pattern . 500000 100% 500000 override-expire
override-lastmod reload-into-ims ignore-reload

This seems to solve the most important cases.
Nonetheless, this does not cache pages which answers by 301 or 302 (others?)
HTTP response code. Any idea ?

I am not sure about the percent usage. The doc says
(http://www.squid-cache.org/Doc/config/refresh_pattern/) :

        'Percent' is a percentage of the objects age (time since last
        modification age) an object without explicit expiry time
        will be considered fresh.

I cannot really understand what is the formula here. Can anybody explain me
please ?

Thanks in advance

PS : the more time I spend on Squid, the more I really appreciate this tool
:-D