[squid-users] Which should I use? iptables tproxy or redirect?

From: MontyRee <chulmin2_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 27 Aug 2009 18:34:18 +0000

Hello, all.

I want to set two transparent firewall.

One is a monitoring and dropping against outbound http traffic at the office.
I'm planning to setup transparent squid.

The other is a monitoring the inbound web hacking trial like a sql injection in front of the web server.
I'm planning to setup modsecurity or apache proxy mode.

When I searching the document about how to redirect the http traffic, there were two ways to implement by iptables.

one is using tproxy
the other is redirect

I don't know the difference between them.

What's the difference between them?
and Which function should I use?

Thanks in advance.
¾ÏÈ£¸¦ ÀÒ¾î¹ö·ÈÀ» ¶§¸¦ ´ëºñÇÏ¿© ¹Ì¸® ¾ÏÈ£ È®ÀÎ¿ë ¸ÞÀÏ ¼³Á¤Çϼ¼¿ä!
http://im.msn.co.kr/im/main/mainCoverDetail.asp?seq=2251&page=1&BbsCode=bbs01&ser_k=a&ser_v=