[squid-users] no caching activity

From: ghe <ghe_at_slsware.com>
Date: Sun, 30 Aug 2009 10:45:23 -0600

I recently installed squid, but I'm not seeing cache hits -- from
calamaris:

-------------- ------
lines parsed:
lines 15876
invalid lines:
lines 0
parse time:
sec 0
parse speed: lines/
sec 15876
-------------- ------
Proxy statistics
-------------- ------
Total amount:
requests 15876
unique hosts/users:
hosts 1
Total Bandwidth:
Byte 465M
Proxy efficiency (HIT [kB/sec] / DIRECT [kB/sec]):
factor 0.00
Average speed increase:
% 0.00
-------------- ------
Cache statistics
-------------- ------
Total amount cached:
requests 0
Request hit rate:
% 0.00
Bandwidth savings:
Byte 0
Bandwidth savings in Percent (Byte hit rate):
% 0.00
Average cached object size:
Byte 0
Average direct object size:
Byte 30730
Average object size:
Byte 30730

I installed from a Debian binary, and the only thing I changed
(intentionally) was to block a couple URLs. I'm the only user.

Is this what's supposed to be happening? Have I turned off cacheing?
Or maybe not turned it on??

I've looked, and I haven't been able to find anything about no cache
hits. Link to what I missed are more than welcome...

--
Glenn English
ghe_at_slsware.com