Re: [squid-users] URL rewrite Help

From: Henrik Nordstrom <henrik_at_henriknordstrom.net>
Date: Tue, 01 Sep 2009 03:42:09 +0200

mån 2009-08-31 klockan 09:21 -0700 skrev Trevor Merrill:
> I am currently testing squid in a reverse proxy configuration with JBoss
> Portal backend servers. My goal is to phase out Apache and mod_proxy and
> gain some speed with squid. I have a basic reverse proxy configuration
> working for www.mydomain.com but I need to try and duplicate the
> following in squid:

I would suggest you first check if the JBoss Portal backend can be
reconfigured to support vhost on it's own without needing a reverse
proxy playing tricks with rewriting URLs. Simplifies matters greatly in
the long run.

Failing that you can do the rewrites you describe with a small URL
rewriter helper doing the needed rewrites.

The equivalence of ProxyPassReverse however (location_rewrite_program)
requires Squid-2.7. Not yet available in Squid-3.