Re: [squid-users] NTLM or fakeauth_auth

From: Henrik Nordstrom <henrik_at_henriknordstrom.net>
Date: Wed, 09 Sep 2009 02:36:18 +0200

tis 2009-09-08 klockan 17:54 +0200 skrev apmailist_at_free.fr:

> Still, is it possible to present specific autentication schemes depending on the
> useragent ?

Not yet.

> Maybe I didn't explain clearly : it's not the migration process in itself that
> worries us. It's the everyday use of the future AD authentication : Accounts
> getting locked too often.
> As anybody had such accounts locking problems ? If so, Could they share with us
> how they prevented these lockouts from happening ?

>From what I remember AD allows for bad NTLM logins with an old password
for quite some time without locking the account, to avoid the issue with
shares/applications continuing using the old password after the user
have changed his password.

But if using Negotiate (kerberos) then this pretty much should be a
non-issue as Kerberos is ticket based and not directly derived from the
password, or at least that's my understanding.