Re: [squid-users] cache problem of image/gif

From: Amos Jeffries <squid3_at_treenet.co.nz>
Date: Thu, 10 Sep 2009 22:50:00 +1200

jboot wrote:
> i'm using squid3.0 and meet some problem.
>
> request one:
> http://192.168.8.20/gmap/near?near=39.900711,116.392&spn=1,1&q=%D2%F4%C0%D6
> above request return type TEXT/PLAIN cache ok
> request two:
> http://192.168.8.20/gmap/staticmap?center=30.279752,120.142699&zoom=12&size=240x320&format=gif&maptype=roadmap
> above request return IMAGE/GIF£¬can't cache
>
> access.log :
> 1252545652.809 0 192.168.8.38 TCP_HIT/200 2966 GET http://192.168.8.20/gmap/near? - NONE/- text/plain
> 1252545670.510 353 192.168.8.38 TCP_MISS/200 36526 GET http://192.168.8.20/gmap/staticmap? - FIRST_UP_PARENT/www image/gif
> 1252545693.538 0 192.168.8.38 TCP_HIT/200 2966 GET http://192.168.8.20/gmap/near? - NONE/- text/plain
> 1252545693.892 356 192.168.8.38 TCP_MISS/200 36526 GET http://192.168.8.20/gmap/staticmap? - FIRST_UP_PARENT/www image/gif
>
> i reference some docs and add two lines to mime.conf, but it's of no use
> mime.conf
> #-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
> \.gif$ image/gif anthony-image.gif - image +download
> staticmap image/gif anthony-image.gif - image +download
> roadmap image/gif anthony-image.gif - image +download
>
> i can't resolve it !! so anyone pls give me some suggestions, thanks a lot!
>
> 2009-09-10
> jboot

mime.conf determines what icons get displayed during FTP and gopher
directory listings. Has nothing to do with files retrieved from websites.

The IP 192.168.8.2020 is not globally available so I cannot test the URL
and provide any hep why its a MISS.

Very likely that the objects are being sent back are in fact two
different objects at different URL.
There is no way to tell from that log snippet. You will need to use
"strip_query_terms off" in order to find out if they share a URL.

They might also be non-storable objects.

Amos

--
Please be using
  Current Beta Squid 3.1.0.13