[squid-users] Re[squid-users] verse proxy and site2site vpn question

From: ilinktech <ilinktech_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 15 Sep 2009 06:37:01 -0700 (PDT)

Hi,

I have a site2site vpn between two offices, call them site1 and site2. All
Internet-bound traffic (web, email, everything) has to go out the WAN link
at site1. At site2 there is a Windows domain with an exchange server and
other resources (sharepoint, etc). There is also an ISA 2006 SP1 server at
site2.

At site1 I have a Squid forward proxy that handles web traffic from users at
site2. I also have a mail proxy at site1 that handles the SMTP portion of
the requirement. OpenVPN handles the site2site link and forward web requests
work just fine.

I now have a requirement to support remote OWA/SharePoint users. These users
will need to connect via HTTPS through the site1 WAN link and their requests
will need to traverse the VPN tunnel to be serviced by the Exchange server
with authentication handled by the ISA server at site2. It is not possible
for them to connect directly to site2 due to a variety of reasons that I
won't get into here.

My question - I know that Squid can do reverse proxy for OWA (I've seen the
examples) but since ISA is already doing the auth / reverse proxy functions
and as all I really need is a way to get the traffic from site1 to site2,
what would the best configuration be for Squid? Would a generic reverse
proxy configuration be sufficient or will I need to do something more
involved? Do I even need Squid in this case?

Thanks a bunch in advance...