Re: [squid-users] MP3 files cut short

From: Henrik Nordstrom <henrik_at_henriknordstrom.net>
Date: Wed, 16 Sep 2009 14:03:55 +0200

ons 2009-09-16 klockan 12:04 +0200 skrev Fili:

> Strangly enough on some of the website's embedded mp3 files are often
> cut short to a mere 2sec file (while they are minutes long). When
> performing a hard refresh, the file usually can be played as normal.
> I've tried on several operating systems, using different mp3 files,
> browsers, ISP connections and embedding techniques. One time it works
> the other time it doesn't, it seems to be totally unpredictable.

I would collect some packet traces of this on the Squid server, using
ethereal or tcpdump.

  tcpdump -i any -s 0 -w traffic.pcap

dumps all network activity, if you have a lot of concurrent traffic you
may want to filter it down somewhat, but I find it's usually easier to
to do that afterwards.

Then load that into the ethereal gui and look at the data streams,
beginning with the client<->squid stream. To find the right packets
search for the name of the mp3 file.