Re: [squid-users] An Old Question: Cache Query/Extraction

From: Genaro Flores <genaro.flores_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 17 Sep 2009 17:34:29 +0100

> One way to do it reasonably efficiently is to track store.log, where you
> have [...]

Many thanks for the idea--store.log itself is pretty much all I need since
mostly entries from a short interval before present concern me. Didn't know
it held that much information. RTFM, they say :-)

> There may be some small drift between this shadow database and the
> actual content if you miss some log entries, but it's self-healing over
> time as the cache content gets replaced.

For my purpose, even that wouldn't matter. A few lost entries in tens of
thousands is negligible for the use case.

--On Tuesday, September 15, 2009 20:44 +0200 Henrik Nordstrom