RE: [squid-users] deny access with squid_ldap_group

From: <vincent.blondel_at_ing.be>
Date: Thu, 17 Sep 2009 22:09:33 +0200

>> Hello,
>>
>> I am trying to block Internet access for people member of one
specific
>> AD Security group called GSIFBENoInternetAccess but I get some issue
>> with it.
>>
>> When I try the squid_ldap_group process from shell, the mechanism is
>> working well. my service account correctly requests our Active
Directory
>> and gives the right response ERR/OK.
>>
>> When I try this mechanism from squid process, allow/deny is working
well
>> but before being blocked by squid_ldap_group I also receive an
>> authentication popup box .. I simply press on CANCEL and receives the
>> personalized error page.
>>

>> I have read on the net this may come from multiple authentication but
>> do not see this in my case and if this is the case thks to explain me
>> what's wrong with this .. Is this coming from the line with ntlmauth
>> just afterwards and how is this this possible to make this working
>> without the authentication box ??
>
>Yes it is.
>

>> # my config

>> auth_param ntlm program /usr/local/bin/ntlm_auth
>> --helper-protocol=squid-2.5-ntlmssp
>> auth_param ntlm children 32
>> auth_param ntlm keep_alive on
>> acl ntlmauth proxy_auth REQUIRED
>> external_acl_type gg_nointernet ttl=3600 children=8 %LOGIN
>> /usr/local/bin/squid_ldap_group ... -p 389 -P -t 2 -c 3 -R -S +
>> acl GSIFBENoInternetAccess external gg_nointernet
GSIFBENoInternetAccess

>Replace this:
>
>> http_access deny GSIFBENoInternetAccess
>> deny_info ERR_LDAP GSIFBENoInternetAccess
>
>with this:
>
> # maybe needed to force credentials to be present
> #
> http_access deny !ntlmauth
>
> # do the group checking and custom denial page
> # without another auth popup.
> #
> acl ldapErrPage src all
> deny_info ERR_LDAP ldapErrPage
> http_access deny GSIFBENoInternetAccess ldapErrPage
>

>> http_access allow ntlmauth
>> http_reply_access allow all
>> http_access deny all

first of all many thks for the quick reply ..

I tried your proposal and seems to work. I still have to check
everything is ok at ldap and ntlm level but seems well until now ..
about your config there is something I do not understand ..

when I look at what I tried before, I deny all member of group
GSIFBENoInternetAccess before requesting for authentication so afaik
processing stops after the first line .. Is this correct and do I say
something wrong with this ??

http_access deny GSIFBENoInternetAccess
http_access allow ntlmauth
http_reply_access allow all
http_access deny all

when I look at your proposal what I understand, client is first
requested with authentication (407), then you simply define an acl
matching everything, you deny all member of GSIFBENoInternetAccess for
everybody (ldapErrPage is matching in this case 0.0.0.0/0.0.0.0) and
last but not least but this part is not clear for me, you request
credentials for the second time

http_access deny !ntlmauth
acl ldapErrPage src all
deny_info ERR_LDAP ldapErrPage
http_access deny GSIFBENoInternetAccess ldapErrPage
http_access allow ntlmauth
http_reply_access allow all
http_access deny all

in other words ....

why did you force authentication before and after the ldap group ?
I see two times ntlmauth so you should authenticate two times for the
same request, right ?
why did you define an acl called ldapErrPage, without ldapErrPage is not
enough ?

many thks for your answers.

>> many thks to help me.
>> Vincent.
>
>Amos
>--
>Please be using
> Current Stable Squid 2.7.STABLE6 or 3.0.STABLE19
> Current Beta Squid 3.1.0.13

ATTENTION:
The information in this electronic mail message is private and
confidential, and only intended for the addressee. Should you
receive this message by mistake, you are hereby notified that
any disclosure, reproduction, distribution or use of this
message is strictly prohibited. Please inform the sender by
reply transmission and delete the message without copying or
opening it.

Messages and attachments are scanned for all viruses known.
If this message contains password-protected attachments, the
files have NOT been scanned for viruses by the ING mail domain.