[squid-users] Squid Configuration

From: ashley08 <doubleflashstyle_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 17 Sep 2009 16:50:14 -0700 (PDT)

Hello, I have beenn trying this for about 3 days, I've struggled to read
through the manuals and I still haven't been able to get it to work,..
What I need is just to be able to connect from my windows laptop on a
different network, to my windows home computer. I dont care about
authentication at all, I just want to get it to work. I've tried all sorts
of configs, and they do work on localhost, but if I try to connect to the
server (serverip:port), from a different computer, it doesn't do anything.
Nothing shows up in the logs unless I'm connecting through the proxy on the
same computer as the proxy server.. And I disabled all firewalls on both
computers.. now, i tried to make a bare minimum config, since n one of the
full ones work any better even after trying lots of adjustments

acl all src 0.0.0.0/0.0.0.0
http_port 27960
http_access allow all

that allows me to connect on localhost, but fails anywhere else!!

I tried also adding random things like the host name but they don't help

I've tried all kinds of ports, also the default 3128, I tried 27960 since I
know for a fact that port is open.

Do I need to Specifically define my client PC ip which will connect in the
config? isn't "ALL" enough that it should allow everyone?

What can I do to allow ALL connections? Is "acl all"..... Not Enough??

I also want to use this from other networks where my IP will be different.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks if anyone can atleast try to
help