[squid-users] SquidNT Authentication Question

From: Jacques Kruger \(DHL NA\) <jacques.kruger_at_dhl.com>
Date: Mon, 21 Sep 2009 15:56:42 +0200

Hi,

I am currently using SquidNT (Version 2.6.STABLE13) as a local proxy in
each of our smaller offices. I authenticate against MS Active Directory
using a Global Group. I have noticed that the authentication has a
limitation in that the helper seems not to check Group membership
recursively, i.e. it will only look at the first result and if that
result is a group, it will not check membership of the lower group.

I have learned to live with this but changes in our AD policy will
require me to make my internet access group a member of a higher group
and I should then authenticate to the higher group, that will no work (I
hope I'm making sense).

I have treid this with 3.0.STABLE13-BZR and it persists. Any way to work
around this?

Thanks in advance.

Jacques Kruger