[squid-users] NTLM pass through problem

From: Jeff Foster <Jeff.Foster_at_woodward.com>
Date: Thu, 24 Sep 2009 11:36:09 -0500

Our company is a Windows environment with Active Directory. I have several remote sites that we are installing linux squid servers at. The servers at configured to forward external internet traffic to a MS ISA proxy server and go directly to the internal web servers at the main site.

The problem is with the internal web servers, I have two windows web servers, server A is running IIS 6.0 and server B is running IIS 6.0 with a BigIP load balancer in front of it, both servers require NTLM authentication. Web pages from server B work without any problems. Web pages from server A sometimes popup the authentication dialog box. If you enter the domain login credentials in the authentication dialog everything works.

I have tried squid versions 2.7.STABLE6 and 3.1.0.7 with server_http11 both on and off but that doesn't seem to fix the problem. I also have persistent_connection_after_error on for the ISA proxy.

I did find that changing the IE settings to NOT use HTTP 1.1 through proxy settings would correct the problem.

Any ideas where to go next?

Jeff F>

***
The information in this e-mail is confidential and intended solely for the individual or entity to whom it is addressed. If you have received this e-mail in error please notify the sender by return e-mail delete this e-mail and refrain from any disclosure or action based on the information.
***