[squid-users] Too many ldap tryes

From: Luis Daniel Lucio Quiroz <luis.daniel.lucio_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 25 Sep 2009 17:40:40 -0500

Hi there, it's me again
Well as many of you knows, I have a squid+ldap+digest_auth implementation.
However I've realize that there are an excess of this logs:

digest_pw_auth(LDAP_backend) WARNING, LDAP error 'No such object'
digest_pw_auth(LDAP_backend) WARNING, LDAP error 'No such object'
digest_pw_auth(LDAP_backend) WARNING, LDAP error 'No such object'
digest_pw_auth(LDAP_backend) WARNING, LDAP error 'No such object'
digest_pw_auth(LDAP_backend) WARNING, LDAP error 'No such object'
digest_pw_auth(LDAP_backend) WARNING, LDAP error 'No such object'

I know that this means that someone is trying to authenticate with an user
that it does not exists in ldap. However they are so many and I afraid that
this could be a cause that slows internet surfering because squid wates its
time looking for something it does not exists.

I dont know usernames users try. I just wonder if there is a way to tell
squid to ignore usernames that they doesnt exists.

Maybe an external ACL with 2 days cache?

LD