Re: [squid-users] not caching enough

From: Chris Hostetter <hossman_squid_at_fucit.org>
Date: Mon, 28 Sep 2009 17:41:49 -0700 (PDT)

: > Ok, it has come to my attention that /cache only grwos when I run a
: report
: > cache_dir ufs /cache 500000 256 256

...if i can start by asking a silly question: i assume your cache is
not yet at the maximum size?

The next silly question: have you done any analysis of the squid logs
and the types of requests being made through your cache? I know nothing
about your usecase but perhaps you've just reached a steady state where
everything that can be cached is already being overwritten when it
expires.

If nothing else a simple grep of your access.log for "_HIT/200 " should
answer your main question...

: > using sarg. So it maybe that my proxy server is working, but only as a
: > proxy
: > and not as a web cache proxy. Below is my squid.conf file with the

-Hoss