[squid-users] Expire header modification by by Squid

From: Ryan Chan <ryanchan404_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 1 Oct 2009 21:50:06 +0800

Hello,

Just wonder if possible to do the following with Squid (as reverse
proxy to Apache)

Apache/PHP => Send out expire = A + 10 years => Squid => Send out expire = A + 0

So until my program purege cache from Squid, it will keep cache in
Squid as long as possible; on the other hand, client will request the
latest content from Squid everytime.

The advantage of this is we have full control the the cache freshness
(while we can't control browser cache by setting 10 years to the user
directly).

Any idea?

Thanks.