Re: [squid-users] Squid 3.1: ICAP and Round Robin for ICAP Services

From: Silamael <Silamael_at_coronamundi.de>
Date: Fri, 02 Oct 2009 08:53:25 +0200

Silamael wrote:
> Hello together,
>
> Is there any possiblity to realize a round robin scheduling for requests
> sent to ICAP services? Goal is to forward each HTTP request to the next
> available ICAP service due to load balancing issues.
> As far as i read the configuration manual, there is no option to to
> this. Can this behavior somehow realized by some sophisticated ACLs or
> some such?
> Thanks in advance!
>
> -- Matthias

No ideas or is it just impossible to do with Squid? If the latter i
perhaps have to add this functionality into Squid myself...

The point because i need this is that we are currently running a setup
using Squid 2.5 with the ICAP patch and that patch has the functionality
of scheduling the requests to all configured ICAP servers.

-- Matthias