Re: [squid-users] facebook and excess data

From: Amos Jeffries <squid3_at_treenet.co.nz>
Date: Sat, 03 Oct 2009 14:17:55 +1300

Agung T. Apriyanto wrote:
> recently i got a lot of this in squid log, i'm using 2.7.STABLE6
>
> 2009/10/02 22:00:42| httpReadReply: Excess data from "GET http://www.facebook.com/home.php?"
> 2009/10/02 22:01:00| httpReadReply: Excess data from "GET http://www.facebook.com/home.php?"
> 2009/10/02 22:03:48| httpReadReply: Excess data from "GET http://www.facebook.com/home.php?ref=home"
> 2009/10/02 22:04:19| httpReadReply: Excess data from "GET http://www.facebook.com/home.php?ref=home"
> 2009/10/02 22:06:17| httpReadReply: Excess data from "GET http://www.facebook.com/home.php?"
> 2009/10/02 22:06:47| httpReadReply: Excess data from "GET http://www.facebook.com/home.php?"
>
> searching archives i found it related to content-length header, i guess this is facebook server issues, anyone could help me to analyze and maybe point me how to fix this at client side ?
>
> thanks
> -Agung-

'Excess data' is an attempted security breach. Whether malicious or just
broken software.

Are you or one of your upstreams perhapse filtering through Apache
mod_deflate? that can show these symptoms. (For upstreams, check the
Via: header for mention of Apache and contact the admin of that site.)

Otherwise contact facebook, they may have a server problem or their site
has been hijacked between you and them.

Amos

--
Please be using