Re: [squid-users] Squid stops responding-LTSP and WinXP clients

From: Avinash Rao <avinash.aol_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 3 Oct 2009 15:57:35 +0530

On Sat, Oct 3, 2009 at 3:07 PM, Avinash Rao <avinash.aol_at_gmail.com> wrote:
> On Thu, Oct 1, 2009 at 12:57 PM, Henrik Nordstrom
> <henrik_at_henriknordstrom.net> wrote:
>>
>> tor 2009-10-01 klockan 11:17 +0530 skrev Avinash Rao:
>>
>> > Were you able to make out anything
>>
>> The log you sent and the time you said squid stopped responding does not
>> match up.
>>
>> Do the log continue like this while Squid is "hung"?
>>
>> Regards
>> Henrik
>>

> Henrik,
>
> I had changed the debug_options to all, 1 bcoz, the cache.log was
> crossed 2GB. Guess thats the reason there's nothing in the cache.log
> file. Now, i have do this again, I have enabled debug_options to All,
> 9.
>
> This is becoming a problem, as squid stops responding everyday and we
> are having to restart the service.
>
> Sorry for the inconvenience
> Avinash

I have a doubt, setting cache_dir to null /tmp will disable cache.log
or not write anything. But, i have enabled debug_options to All, 9
which is populating cache.log big time and file size grows crazily but
its not rotating the cache.log file. can we configure squid to specify
the size of the cache.log file before it can create gz compressed
files with debug_options set to all, 9?

Thanks
Avinash