[squid-users] Querying cache

From: Miguel Cruz <toky.cruz_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 5 Oct 2009 16:33:10 -0400

Hello all,

I would like to know if there is a way to query squid for the total
amount of files that it has in its cache.

Reason is we are using squid in http_accell mode and if I do a wget on
"/" I can get a listing of all the files that reside on the docroot
and all the directories that are there but not of the files inside the
directories. So if I was to "massage" the index.html to clear the
http tags I could get a list that I can count and use to do another
wget into the directories I find but this seems "over-engineered".
Instead of getting the required data in 1 connection I would have to
connect multiple times.

This is part of my squid.conf file:

httpd_accel_host 10.x.x.x
httpd_accel_port 80