Re: [squid-users] What does --enable-ntlm-fail-open do?

From: Henrik Nordstrom <henrik_at_henriknordstrom.net>
Date: Tue, 06 Oct 2009 22:51:05 +0200

tis 2009-10-06 klockan 12:38 +1100 skrev Daniel Rose:

> I've been hunting, but I can't find any extra info on the --enable-ntlm-fail-open configure argument.

Checking...

it's not really in use today. That parameter changes the old smb_ntlm
helper to indicate success instead of failure if it for some reason
fails to contact the configured authentication server.

But that helper is not recommended to be used as it's very unstable to
begin with, and the method it uses for verifying the user credentials do
not scale well.

> What needs to be setup in the squid.conf to enable this behaviour?

Nothing.