Re: [squid-users] Querying cache

From: Henrik Nordstrom <henrik_at_henriknordstrom.net>
Date: Wed, 07 Oct 2009 02:08:55 +0200

tis 2009-10-06 klockan 19:32 -0400 skrev Miguel Cruz:
> Thanks for the info. I've found some info on the net about setting up
> squid for snmp but it seems everything I've found is outdated.

Not much have changed.

The Squid SNMP agent runs on the snmp_port configured in squid.conf and
support SNMP v1 & v2c. SNMPv3 is not understood.

mib.txt is the Squid MIB. Install this as SQUID_MIB in yout SNMP mib
repository for ease of access, or give it to your snmp commands as the
mib to use by path to mib.txt.

For access to be allowed snmp_access needs to evaluate to allow. In
snmp_access you MAY use the snmp_community or src type acls, and maybe
some other as well like myip..

example using net-snmp:

   snmpget -v 2c -c public -m share/mib.txt localhost:3401 cacheNumObjCount