Re: [squid-users] Squid ftp authentication popup

From: Amos Jeffries <squid3_at_treenet.co.nz>
Date: Wed, 07 Oct 2009 22:36:57 +1300

uxmax_at_enquid.net wrote:
> Hello,
>
> thanks for your replies. indeed you can add the user details in the URI.
>
> but i wonder without squid the popup appears again..so there is an issue with squid, not ?

Not necessarily. When going through a proxy the browser does zero FTP
protocol actions. When not going through a proxy it does the native FTP
login in some other way by itself.

In this particular case I think the 'problem' is that older Squid (ie
yours) do not support the newly added FTP login features the newest
Squid do.

Amos

--
Please be using