[squid-users] Squid behavour

From: Miguel Cruz <toky.cruz_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 7 Oct 2009 16:21:26 -0400

Hello all,

I've managed to get querying squid through snmp down. But that made
me notice that the amount of objects on my cache do not go down but
up... even after I blocked 1 of the squid servers...6 hours after and
the cache is still the same number... I expected the number to go down
as objects went stale...

So what I would like to see squid do is this:

1. Turn on and retireve ALL the files that are on the web-server that
it is caching for
2. Stale them all at the same time
3. Retrieve them all again
4. repeat process

Basically I want to be able to know that there are 150 objects on the
cache at all times.