Re: [squid-users] allow adverts for allowed sites

From: Amos Jeffries <squid3_at_treenet.co.nz>
Date: Thu, 08 Oct 2009 13:09:30 +1300

On Wed, 7 Oct 2009 06:21:52 -0700 (PDT), mickeyp <truck7758_at_tiscali.co.uk>
wrote:
> Hi,
>
> i have successfully configured my squid server using ntlm auth. my
question
> is would it be possible to allow all the adverts that appear on a website
> that a group has access to or to block the adverts and not ask for
> authentication. my problem is i can access the sites i specify in my acl
> but
> i get logon requests for all the adverts that appear on the page.
>
> cheers

That reads like someone who has not successfully configured authentication
at all.

Authentication to the proxy covers all requests that browser on the client
machine makes to the proxy. Regardless of destination.

The behaviour you describe is someone doing WWW-Auth (website login) for
particular destination domains and using it instead of Proxy-Auth.

Amos