[squid-users] negative ttl and 404

From: Ramon Moreno <rammor1_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 8 Oct 2009 18:47:38 -0700

Is there a way to force a minimum age on 404 errors? We have a
situation where it appears 404s are getting cached, and squid is
honoring the TTLs of the webserver (could be hours/days). So the 404s
persist after the default negative ttl of 5 minutes.

Can we force this to 5 minutes regardless of the TTL that is passed by
the webserver?

Maybe an acl/refresh pattern or something? Didn't see anything for 404s.

Thanks!