Re: [squid-users] HTTP Cache General Question

From: Mark Schall <schallm2_at_msu.edu>
Date: Fri, 9 Oct 2009 09:33:18 -0400

We understand that as the problem. We are trying to address the issue
by using some form of REST like api so that the URIs depict a specific
chunk of a file. Of course we want to make that chunk small enough to
be cached but big enough to not bring down performance.

What are current issue is trying to think of the following:

Peer 1 sends HTTP Request to Peer 2 with
"www.tracker.com/someuniqueidentifierforchunkoffile" in the header.
Would Squid or other Web Caches try to contact www.tracker.com instead
of the Peer 2, or will it forward the request onward to Peer 2.

We have a (what i think is) a great solution for the later, but the
solution for the other is not as "elegant"

Thank you again for all your input, I really appreciate it.

Mark Schall
Michigan State University
CSE Graduate Student