Re: AW: Re: [squid-users] Squid and Intranet

From: - leer - <a_at_exdo.de>
Date: Fri, 9 Oct 2009 20:47:17 +0200

> fre 2009-10-09 klockan 19:59 +0200 skrev - leer -:
>> Hello,
>>
>> thanks for your advice.
>> I can't test it yet, because I have a problem with the
>> transparent proxy.
>> I used following command to redirect all incoming requests
>> on port 80:
>>
>> iptables -t nat -A PREROUTING -i eth1 -p tcp --dport 80 -j
>> REDIRECT --to-port 880
>>
>> But SUSE don't redirect the request.
>
> Is the server acting as the gateway to the Internet?
>
> Regards
> Henrik

Hello,

yes you can say it acting as gateway.
I tell you something about the network structure.
The local proxy server has two ethernet devices.
One for the local network and one for the external network.
In the external network is the parent proxy of the local
proxy, which I configurated in the squid.conf.
That works fine.
The request from the local network come in on the port
80 shall redirect on port 880, and on port 880 listen the
squid proxy.

Regards,
Chris