Re: [squid-users] Change tcp_outgoing_address every hour, best way to do this?

From: Pieter De Wit <pieter_at_insync.za.net>
Date: Wed, 14 Oct 2009 05:26:08 +1300

Hi Andres,

I am assuming you want to do this for a Load Balance setup. I also doubt
that you have 12 (or even 24) upstream connections. I would simply suggest
that you run one main squid, assign some ACLs to it based on time and 2 or
more "parent proxies". Those parent proxies can run on the same machine,
with little cache and memory, and they carry the other IPs in their own
configs. That way, there is no reconfigure etc.

I have 4 squids running on one box for this purpose - details will be posted
to here once the solution is in production :)

Cheers,

Pieter