[squid-users] squid -k <cmd> with multiple copies running

From: Pieter De Wit <pieter_at_insync.za.net>
Date: Wed, 14 Oct 2009 07:48:32 +1300 (NZDT)

Hi Guys,

I have google'ing it for a bit now and I can't seem to find an answer. I
have 4 copies of squid running on my box (6gig RAM/160gig disk space -
1gig ram per squid, 16gig disk space)

I am busy adjusting the startup scripts (gentoo) to cope with this.
Currently I am starting them in a detached screen.

My problems comes with understanding how squid is going to handle the -k
commands, like reconfigure, rotate and the likes.

If I say something like squid -k reconfigure -f
/etc/squid/squid_other.conf (which has a different pid setting) will it
send the single to the other squid, or all of them ?

Thanks !

Pieter