Re: [squid-users] error: url_rewriter

From: Henrik Nordstrom <henrik_at_henriknordstrom.net>
Date: Wed, 14 Oct 2009 11:20:52 +0200

ons 2009-10-14 klockan 00:19 -0400 skrev Ross Kovelman:

> Thanks again! Although the limited searching I have done can you point me
> in the direction to find out to bring up the re-writer and its speed? Yes I
> am only running 1.

If you are only running 1 and it does not support the concurrent
protocol then performance will be very limited, no matter how fast the
url rewriter is.

This due to the old protocol only supports sending one request at a time
to the helper, needing to wait for the response before sending the next
request.

> Also the url_rewrite_access, wouldn't I want all
> websites to be checked against the ACL list? Or am I reading this wrong:
> Used to define the access lists specifies which requests are sent to the
> redirector processes.

Depends on what you are doing. If you have a whitelist of frequently
accessed sites known to be acceptable then bypassing the rewriter for
these will considerably reduce the amount of work sent to the url
rewriter.