Re: [squid-users] Squid-3.1: comm_open: socket failure: (97) Address family not supported by protocol

From: Amos Jeffries <squid3_at_treenet.co.nz>
Date: Thu, 15 Oct 2009 01:21:00 +1300

Silamael wrote:
> Amos Jeffries wrote:
>> You have IPv6 disabled in your system somehow.
>>
>> Squid opens IPv4/IPv6 hybrid sockets to receive and send both v4 and v6
>> traffic in one socket for simplicity and ease of transition. If that fails
>> like in your case it falls back to IPv4-only sockets.
>>
>> I recommend re-enabling IPv6 socket capability in your OS.
>>
>> If you have OpenBSD or MacOSX they do not support these hybrid socket
>> features at all. I'm still working on getting support for their
>> 'split-stack'. So they will work very slightly better for now with IPv6
>> disabled in Squid.
>>
>> Amos
>
> What are the plans here? I just tried to run Squid 3.1.0.14 on OpenBSD
> 4.6 with IPv6 enabled. I get:
>> 2009/10/14 09:34:18| comm_open: setsockopt(IPV6_V6ONLY) on FD 15: (22)
>> Invalid Argument
> So, is IPv6 currently not usable under OpenBSD at all? Or do i have to
> set some special compile options?

Yes. OpenBSD needs to --disable-ipv6 :(

Support is being worked on and tested in 3.HEAD. The results are
progressing slowly, but not usable enough to be brought into 3.1 yet.

We have got past that V6ONLY issue, and some DNS ones. Now the main TCP
links are simply hanging :(

I have high hopes that that will be the final blocker bug for IPv6
support in OpenBSD.

Amos

--
Please be using