Re: [squid-users] password policy

From: Kinkie <gkinkie_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 28 Oct 2009 11:38:50 +0100

On Fri, Oct 23, 2009 at 8:34 AM, Indunil Jayasooriya
<indunil75_at_gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi ALL,
>
> we have a proxy server running with ncsa_auth.  we use htpasswd to
> generate passwords. There is a requirement for a password policy where
> we want to give  a minumum and maximum characters with both characters
> and numbers. we need a web interface for that.
>
> in addition to that,  password should expire in a period (let's say 5
> months). before that,  it should be informed to users.
>
> Could you pls let me know the software we need to achieve the above
> said requirements?

You can't really do that within squid.
The best option is to use some external password storage mechanism,
such as LDAP, and some custom authorization script (I am not sure if
something like that can be found pre-built) to warn users.

> What about the Squid Users Manager pkg?
Is there such a thing?

--
    /kinkie