[squid-users] Squid 2.7 with ICAP

From: Kelly, Jack <Jack.Kelly_at_wsdevelopment.com>
Date: Thu, 29 Oct 2009 13:38:36 -0400

Hi everyone,
Another quick question I hope you don't mind answering. We're running
Squid 2.7 here and a need has recently arisen to have it talk to an ICAP
server. Squid 3.1 and 3.0 appear to explicitly support ICAP in
squid.conf, but 2.7 doesn't seem to have the lines in the config file
that you can uncomment to configure it to talk to an ICAP server. Is
upgrading to 3.0 or 3.1 our only option, or do plugins/patches exist
that would make this possible?

Thanks!
Jack

This message (and any associated files) is the property of
S. R. Weiner and Associates Inc. and W/S Development Associates LLC
and is intended only for the use of the individual or entity to
subject to copyright or constitutes a trade secret. If you are not
the intended recipient you are hereby notified that any dissemination,
copying or distribution of this message, or files associated with this
message, is strictly prohibited. If you have received this message
in error, please notify us immediately by calling our corporate office
at 617-232-8900 and deleting this message from your computer.

Internet communications cannot be guaranteed to be secure or error-free
arrive late or incomplete, or contain viruses. Therefore, S. R. Weiner
and Associates, Inc. and W/S Development Associates LLC do not accept
responsibility for any errors or omissions that are present in this
message, or any attachment, that have arisen as a result of e-mail
transmission. If verification is required, please request a hard-copy
version of this message.

Any views or opinions presented in this message are solely those of
the author and do not necessarily represent those of the company.