[squid-users] Pb with Microsoft Integrated Login and Squid 3.1

From: NOGUES Jean-Marc \(EURIWARE\) <jean-marc.nogues_at_euriware.fr>
Date: Fri, 30 Oct 2009 14:30:45 +0100

Hi,

I have upgraded our squid from 2.5 stable6 to 3.1.0.14 . This because
many remote web servers want Microsoft connection oriented
authentication and I 'have seen that squid 2.5 doesn't forward that
kind of authentication. .

Now using squid 3.1, my users can connect such web servers but there
is still an issue..

From time to time , when uploading a file , users get a blank page and
message "Request not yet fully sent" can be seen in cache.log file.

Sniffing this (sniffer between proxy and web servers) I can see that,
from time to time, servers are going on sending authentication requests
although the user has been already authenticated (is it a normal
behaviour ?).

So sometimes it happens that Squid receives an authentication request as
it is still sending upload data to the server.
This stops the upload and produces the message seen in cache.log

Thank you for help .

Best Regards,

Jean-Marc Nogues
jmnogues_at_euriware.fr