Re: [squid-users] Squid & squid_session

From: Amos Jeffries <squid3_at_treenet.co.nz>
Date: Tue, 03 Nov 2009 17:43:49 +1300

Henrik Nordstrom wrote:
> mån 2009-11-02 klockan 16:07 +0000 skrev Adam Binks:
>
>> My question is, without using routed static IP's at each site, is it
>> possible to have squid detect the different end users at each site ?
>
> Only if you figure out some other means of differentiating the users at
> the TCP/IP level. I don't.

I had to get around this in the Treehouse wireless POP sites by
carefully locating and purchasing only wireless devices that could
bridge or route packets between the clients machines and gateway Squid
box without involving NAT.

This has placed great limits on the suppliers we can purchase from, and
not exactly cheap pricing, but enables plug-n-play wireless captive
portals to be setup relatively easily.

... and before you ask. No I'm not able to give out any further config
info without a paid contract signing your sites up as Treehouse Networks
POP ;)
/shameless plug.

Amos

--