Re: [squid-users] Logging ACL name matched

From: Amos Jeffries <squid3_at_treenet.co.nz>
Date: Wed, 04 Nov 2009 17:13:54 +1300

Evan Champion wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am considering using squid as to grant restricted access to a large set of internal corporate applications.
>
> I would like the access log to include the name of the ACL that matched (i.e. the name of the application). logformat does not seem to have an option for logging the ACL name or other arbitrary text associated with the request. Is there a way to do this?

ACL name is a hard one, because _many_ unrelated ACL often have to match
to both match and fail for one request. This full information is traced
in cache.log in debug section 28.

Arbitrary details about the request, reply, client and source server are
available in logformat.

ACL names are not associated with particular requests. Neither are
routing details of how it was processed by Squid. Thats what cache.log
is for.

Amos

--
Please be using