Re: [squid-users] Re: acl aclname myip

From: Amos Jeffries <squid3_at_treenet.co.nz>
Date: Wed, 04 Nov 2009 20:00:54 +1300

Mikio Kishi wrote:
> Hi, Amos
>
>> Ah sure. Thanks for the reminder.
>> Applied to HEAD, should be added to 3.1 in a few days.
>
> I'll be waiting !

Ported. 'twill be in the next snapshot.

> And now, for something completely different, when would you release
> "3.1 STABLE" ?
> Do you have any plan ?

No set timetable. We developers are all volunteers working largely
unpaid on Squid in spare time. Which means we have to work towards a set
of goals. Whenever those are met we can drop the beta tag.

Right now it is entirely dependent on when the last critical blocker
bugs can be diagnosed and fixed. As maintainer I have a rough goal in
mind hoping to get it available on any OS around the end of the this
year or early next year.

3.1 is usable and available _right now_ as packaged builds on...
  (full) FreeBSD, NetBSD and DragonFly.
  (experimental) Debian, Ubuntu and Gentoo.

Build failures on OpenSolaris, SunOS and AIX being worked on.

Some features on OpenBSD and MacOSX are broken, but is usable without
those features AFAIK. Being worked on as well. (bit slowly since I'm
having to work on them myself on OS I don't use daily...)

Windows, MingW, Cygwin all need a fair chunk of developer time by
someone with a Windows IDE. Guido struggles to keep up with the rest of
us adding new stuff.

Other OS? still seeking info. Runs well on all reported Linux
derivatives is about all I'm certain of.

Amos

--
Please be using
   Current Beta Squid 3.1.0.14