Re: [squid-users] Priority of http over https traffic

From: Amos Jeffries <squid3_at_treenet.co.nz>
Date: Fri, 06 Nov 2009 23:47:36 +1300

squid squid wrote:
> Hi,
>

> Currently I am running Squid Version 2.7 Stable 4 on a Linux ES3 box
> with 2.5GB RAM.
>

> Basically there is no caching configured on the squid apps and it is
> being used like a middle man between client and web/apps servers
> which has both http and https transaction
>

> Would like to know does squid application give higher priority for
> http transaction as compared to https transaction??? That is to say,
> a client who access http traffic will get serve by squid apps first
> and client who access https traffic will get server later.

No it does not. All requests are equal.

This can be manually changed by using delay_pools to limit available
bandwidth to certain requests.

> Kindly also advise is there any way to have detailed logging for
> https connection passing thru squid cause the current log only
> capture "CONNECT xxx.xxx.com:443" which does not show the actual
> status of the transaction.

Not in Squid-2. What you see logged _is_ the entire connection data
available to Squid-2.

Squid-3.1 can go deeper with SslBump, but requires administrative
control over the encryption certificates on the client machine to do so.

Amos

--
Please be using
   Current Beta Squid 3.1.0.14