Re: [squid-users] Blacklist in Squid

From: Jorge Armando Medina <jmedina_at_e-compugraf.com>
Date: Fri, 06 Nov 2009 09:49:41 -0600

michel_at_casa.co.cu wrote:
> Hello list
Hi Michel

> A query
>
> There will be some way, program, script or other than squidGuard
> redirector, allowing the use of blacklists that uses squidguard
> directly from the squid?
One of the benefits on using squidguard is that it is ultra fast with
hundreds of urls and domains because it uses a database format (berkeley
db) of the plain text lists, I tried loading a few lists with squid
using dstdomain and they long so much to load because squid has to parse
every line and report posible warnings, that will keep squid rejecting
connections while it is parsing/loading the lists, imagine when you want
to add just a new domain to the list and reload the config.

> with the goal of keeping acl in squid I have without having to create
> them from scratch in the squidguard.
squidguad it is easy to use, you only need to edit the config file the
first time, for the future you only need to add domains and urls to the
lists and you dont need to reload squid if you use a diff file and the
-u option, for more info you can contact the squidguard mailing list.

> Thanks
>
> Michel

Jorge Armando Medina
Computación Gráfica de México
Web: http://www.e-compugraf.com
Tel: 55 51 40 72, Ext: 124
Email: jmedina_at_e-compugraf.com
GPG Key: 1024D/28E40632 2007-07-26
GPG Fingerprint: 59E2 0C7C F128 B550 B3A6  D3AF C574 8422 28E4 0632